What you have to say about your last visit to any of the thousands of GameStop stores across the United States is valuable to the company. The value of a high level of customer satisfaction does not come with a price tag, which is why the TellGameStop customer satisfaction survey has been put in place over at www.tellgamestop.com to give you a direct line of communication with the people behind the brand who make things happen. In return for the time and effort you put behind the brand, GameStop hopes to reward you handsomely.
Your opinion about GameStop as a brand, the gaming consoles, and accessories that it sells, and the service its employees offer, helps the brand improve itself. A happy customer is the one who not only comes back for more but spreads the right word about the company which is invaluable to any brand. Hence, GameStop has vested interest in helping you describe your opinion on what the game store chain is doing right and what it needs to work on to ensure that the experience for you, and millions of other shoppers are always worth the money. For a few minutes of your time, the company is giving out a total of 25 units of $100 GameStop gift cards, and you stand a chance to win one through the TellGameStop sweepstakes.
Why the GameStop Customer Satisfaction Survey
The gaming industry has certainly come a long way since the days of the original Nintendo NES Classic and the Atari 2600. GameStop has been an integral part of the gaming revolution right from the start, which has now become one of the most versatile industry sectors in the market, churning billions of dollars in revenue. Back in the old days when the internet was still catching up, and there was no such thing as an online multiplayer system in place, brick and mortar GameStop stores ruled the gaming world, but a lot has changed since then. Thanks to the increased popularity in online gaming and e-commerce gaming platforms such as Steam by Valve, veteran brands like GameStop are feeling the heat and have to put up an intense fight to not only retain their customer base but grow it to see an increase in sales. The most effective way to keep customers is to ensure a high level of satisfaction, and that is what the TellGameStop survey is here to do.
The ability to connect to every customer through feedback surveys may not be an entirely new concept. However, the age of physical feedback forms has long past, since the customer does not have the time or patience to write down their thoughts during the point of purchase. Here’s where GameStop has modernized its approach to improving the customer satisfaction rate by creating the TellGameStop survey online, which is being hosted over at www.tellgamestop.com. By allowing the customers to approach the company, explain their recent shopping experience in detail and offering them a way to highlight their likes and dislikes regarding the products and services, GameStop is bridging the communication gap between the executives and the end-consumer. The direct contact between the customer and the brand plays a pivotal role in helping resolve issues that the customers may face during their visits and drives the loyalty of customers to a higher level, which all adds up.
How to WIN $100 GameStop Gift Card in TellGameStop Survey – www.TellGameStop.com
Whether your last purchase at the GameStop store near you was just not a satisfactory one, or you wish to commend the helpful service that you received from one of the staff members, there’s always a way to provide your positive and critical thoughts about the brand. To put forward your opinions and help the GameStop brand uphold a high standard in customer satisfaction for you and other shoppers, here’s how you can get started with the TellGameStop customer satisfaction survey:
- GameStop shoppers will need to use the order receipt that they were issued during their last visit to the store to retrieve the Associate Number and Feedback Number.
- You can also enter the GameStop customer satisfaction survey without the order receipt, as long as you can enter the State, City, and Store Number of the GameStop location.
- You will need access to the internet through Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer to enter the TellGameStop survey. Android and iOS devices can also be used to enter the survey through default browsers.
- Entry into the survey can also be made through the mail by sending it over to the following address – 625 Panorama Trail, Suite 2100, Rochester, NY 14625-2437.
- The GameStop survey is extended to residents of the United States, which includes all of the 50 States, the U.S. District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
- As a participant in the GameStop customer satisfaction survey, you must be at least 18 years of age or older at the time of the entry.
- The survey is supported in both English and Spanish language, so you must be literate in either one of them.
- Only one entry per user or household will be expected in the TellGameStop customer satisfaction survey sweepstakes.
- The winning prize of $100 GameStop gift card is non-transferrable, and there can be no substitutions made for the winner.
- You do not need to make a new purchase from a GameStop store to participate in the survey since receipts dating up to 3 days old is still valid. Making more purchases from the company store do not in any way affect the outcome of the sweepstakes.
- Any attempt that you make to void the GameStop customer satisfaction survey or tamper with it will be considered a violation of U.S. civil and criminal laws.
- If your feedback in the GameStop survey is noted to contain slanted thoughts and falsified information, your entry may be terminated.
Survey Participation Instructions:
Before you begin filling in the online TellGameStop customer satisfaction survey, make sure that you’ve read all of the participation instructions carefully and are only offering your honest opinion.
- Open the browser tab on your phone or computer and access the GameStop online survey website – tellgamestop.com.
- On the main screen of the GameStop survey, you will be able to see the general instructions on how to begin.
- Start by taking out the order receipt that you received the last time you visited and made a purchase at a GameStop store near you.
- On the receipt, you will find the Associate Number, along with the Feedback Number printed on it, which needs to be entered into the TellGameStop survey website.
- If you do not have a physical receipt or lost it earlier, you can still enter the GameStop customer satisfaction survey by pressing the link right under the Start button.
- You can now choose the State, City, and the Store Number where you visited the GameStop store and click the Submit button.
- Once the survey begins, you will be asked questions that reflect your satisfaction with the service; you will be asked to rate your satisfaction regarding the availability of games and more.
- At the end of the GameStop survey, you will be asked if you wish to enter the GameStop sweepstakes and stand a chance to WIN a $100 gift card.
- You will be asked by the GameStop survey website to provide your details such as contact information, residential address, email address and more.
- All of the details that you provide will be later used to reach out to you in the case to win the $100 GameStop gift card prize.
Resources & Links
Direct link to the GameStop survey website:
Rules and regulations for the GameStop sweepstakes:
Sporting the slogan “Power to the Players,” GameStop has been a cornerstone brand across the United States and other parts of the world in the gaming industry. Operating from its headquarters in Grapevine, Texas, the company currently runs more than 7,200 gaming goods and services stores across the U.S.A., Canada, New Zealand, Europe, and Australia as well. The company has largely diversified over the years just as the game industry has as well, by operating largely under Video Game Brand and Technology Brands segments separately. Apart from running its service of sales for video game consoles and accessories, GameStop also owns Game Informer and Mircomania, which is operated under the Video Game Brand.
Additionally, the Technology Brand of GameStop is operated through its subsidiaries such as Simply Mac, which is a reseller of Apple Products, and Simply Wireless, a brand under which AT&T wireless is retailed. Over the years, GameStop has formed a presence in the gaming industry through multiple company acquisitions such as EB Games (Electronics Boutique) which helped branch the brand out of the United States and into the International regions. By expanding its influence in the retail gaming industry and taking over the online competition such as Spawn Labs and Impulse, the company even diversified through its partnership with AT&T and made a prominent presence in the wireless cellular market.
History of GameStop
Founded back in the year 1984 through a software retailer company called Babbage’s, classmates James McCurry and Gary M. Kusin opened the first electronics store in Dallas through the early investment made in the company by Ross Perot. The Atari 2600 was the best-selling gaming console of that time, which compelled the owners to pivot towards creating a brand for video games sales. Thanks to the revolution in the gaming industry brought about by the Japanese, Nintendo helped boost sales for the Babbage’s brand which led to its merger with Software Etc., which was specialist in offering personal computing software. By the year 1999 when the evolution of the internet for personal use was beginning, more than 30 GameStop stops emerged across strip malls, and the official gamestop.com website was launched, making it one of the first video game resellers to bring video games online purchasing to the end-consumer.
When Barnes & Noble Booksellers purchased the Babbage’s Etc., the company took GameStop public by 2002 at the New York Stock Exchange, while still retaining control over the brand up until 2004. Ever since the GameStop company went public, it has seen staggering growth each year, increasing digital revenue from $190 Million to a whopping $600 Million in just a year during 2012. However, recent years and the growth of online game retailing platforms had caused the revenue of GameStop to take a hit, with the first signs surfacing back in 2016 during the holiday season when the sales dropped by 16.4%. Ever since then, the company has attempted to focus more on the Technology Brand of the business and keep a healthy flow of revenue stream coming in through new stores.
GameStop may enjoy a grand legacy of being one of the first to market with game retailing, but that can take a brand only so far ahead. The rapid growth of online game resellers and the inclusion of sales services by gaming console manufacturers such as Xbox Live and PlayStation Network has taken a massive bite out of the revenues that private retailers like GameStop have enjoyed for decades. To keep its head above the waters, the brand has to focus on ensuring that the footfall across the brick and mortar stores, along with the sales it receives online are on a higher scale. To do so, customer satisfaction is crucial and that’s what the brand is hoping to focus on by presenting you with the TellGameStop customer satisfaction survey that is currently being held over at www.tellgamestop.com website right now. In an attempt to show you that your opinion is of utmost importance to the company and to compensate for your time and effort, GameStop is giving away $100 gift card in its sweepstakes for you to grab on to.
Are you going to be jumping on the opportunity to participate in the TellGameStop sweepstakes and stand a chance to win the prize? For any questions that you may have regarding the survey, reach out to us in the comments section right down below.